Live Mesh on my Palm Treo Pro RRS feed

• General discussion

• I tried Live Mesh with my Palm Treo Pro with WM 6.1 Professional today. It run very well, no problem with the sign-in or sing-out, share quickly file with all my mesh, but I don't understand why is impossible to download an application/software  directly on my device without to use the mobile web broweser. In other blog or video shared on youtube I saw that some device runnig with a dedicated software like a PC or Notebook. Thank a lot in advance. Sorry for my english I'm not english or americain ;-)
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 2:26 PM

All replies

• Windows Mobile applications typically are installed via the mobile browser downloading the install file or you can connect the device to you PC ad use ActiveSync or Mobile Device Center (Vista) to install from the PC while connected.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:22 PM
  • Hi Steve, thanks a lot! I installed on my mobile device (from http://m.mesh.com/install/wm6/LiveMesh.cab.) Live Mesh, but I received this message:
    "Live Mesh is not available
    Live Mesh for Windows Mobile Client is only available for a limited number of users. You are currently not allowed to add your mobile phone to Live Mesh."
    ??????????
    Thanks a lot in advancce
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:14 AM
  • Did you follow the steps in the announcement above: "Expanded Live Mesh for Mobile CTP - Mobile activation code" before attempting to install and use the Live Mesh for Mobile client?
    -steve
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:19 PM
  • Honestly no Steve... ... I must install again the software?
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:29 PM
  • I believe that you simply need to follow the instructions in the link above and then you can get Live Mesh to link up to your account from the mobile device. At the moment, sign in is failing, since you did not authorize the account.
    -steve
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:52 PM
  • Fantastic Steve.... All running now!!!! Great Software! I have in mesn my notebook, my palm and my office desktop.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:51 PM
  • Excellent! Enjoy. :-)
    -steve
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:56 PM