Verification of an email received from you RRS feed

• Question

• hi I received this this e-mail 22/06/2017from this address Microsoft Promotion Award Lottery "aqkqjqhtq@aol.com" "your Email Address Has won You £950,000.00 GBP in Microsoft Corporations UK, For Claim Email Your names, Age, Job, Address, And Mobile Number,Dr. Robson Vick Tel:+44-704-577-6563 I want just to Know it is true ? Please answer me as soon as possible

Friday, June 23, 2017 8:49 AM

Answers

• You have received a bogus/fraudulent email message designed to steal your identity and bank account information Here are some popular scams that you should be aware of:

Lottery scams. You might receive messages that claim that you have won the Microsoft lottery or sweepstakes. These messages might even look like they come from a Microsoft executive. There is no Microsoft Lottery. Delete the message.

Scams that use the Microsoft name or names of other well-known companies. These scams include fake email messages or websites that use the Microsoft name. The email message might claim that you have won a Microsoft contest, that Microsoft needs your logon information or password, or that a Microsoft representative is contacting you to help you with your computer.

Ref: Email and web scams: How to help protect yourself

Carey Frisch

Friday, June 23, 2017 9:30 PM