Error when uninstalling MS Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning

I have been trying to uninstall the MS Office Home and Student 2010 license (upgraded from 2007) from my old XP computer in order that I can re-apply it to a new Windows 7 netbook (yet to be purchased).

I followed the uninstall procedure, during which time I received a warning "error 2509 Office Setup encountered a problem with the office source engine, system error: -2147024638.  Setup failed. Rolling back changes. . . ."

Despite this warning, all the Office programs seem to have disappeared from the computer and I am, therefore, wondering whether the software license was, after all, removed and (hopefully) I am now free to use it on my new computer.  I should be grateful to receive any advice you can give in order that I can complete the re-installation of the licensed software without any further problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: I have read your article ID 827467 and have tried to resolve the situation as stated therein (steps 1 to 3 - start the setup program) but without success.  Prior to installing Office 2007 I already had Office 2000 Professional on the machine, following which I installed a trial version of Office 2007.

Friday, October 8, 2010 7:16 AM

Answers