Why is this? RRS feed

• Question

•  I recently had the hard drive on my computer replaced at a computer repair store. They loaded a copy of Windows 7 onto the new drive, and then moved some of my personal files from the old drive to this new one. I received factory restore discs

from HP but they did not use these to replace Windows 7. Now I'm receiving messages when I restart my computer to validate a suspected pirated copy of Windows 7. The product code on the bottom of the computer is worn off and I have no product code to validate with,as the restore discs did not come with a product code either. What do I do now as I have done all this in good faith and wish to receive updates and stuff from Microsoft?

Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:07 AM

Answers

• Take your PC back to the computer repair store and tell them to reinstall Windows 7 using your HP restore discs.

Carey Frisch

Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:04 AM

All replies

• Take your PC back to the computer repair store and tell them to reinstall Windows 7 using your HP restore discs.

Carey Frisch

Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:04 AM
  • I contacted the repair store as you suggested and the agreed to using the install discs to hopefully remedy the problem. Thanks for the obvious some times I can't see as I knew I had done every thing on the up and up. By the way all their work is guaranteed for ninety days and they have a five star rating. Old Town Computers in downtown Portland Oregon is where I had the work done if anybody needs work done I recomend them

Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:55 PM