Not worth to write RRS feed

• Question

• Because the the right to speak about the sad history and of my country (the EU) is denied by two persons among one moderator I've removed this message and all my messages from this thread. My message did not contain the word Holocaust.

Be aware I've only used that history to tell that we should do everything to avoid it happens again.

• Edited by Cor Ligthert Monday, February 27, 2012 10:14 PM added the right to tell as it was meant by me
    Monday, February 27, 2012 9:15 AM

All replies

• I do not think that pointing out who marked it abusive is not a good idea as it would discourage its use. I do not find it to be overused. Even if a single person did overuse it, their history would show it. Pointing out why it was marked abusive, however, would be an excellent idea.

Regardless, the point of marking a post as abusive is to point it out to a moderator. Ultimately, a moderator should make a decision and either remove the message or remove it's abusive marker (or have a special already judged as not abusive marker).

BTW, it is likely that in another context--and i mean this seriously--i would have marked this post as abusive. The Holocost is an extreme, and although it makes a point, it is way out of proportion for the comment at hand, and seems quite inappropriate here. I get the feeling that you knew that and took some form of perverse pleaure in the irony of your own post. This thought makes me question overall: do you even respect the system itself?

• Edited by Brian Tkatch Monday, February 27, 2012 11:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cor Ligthert Monday, February 27, 2012 4:00 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Cor Ligthert Monday, February 27, 2012 4:00 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Cor,

I don't see why do you need to bring Holocaust topic to the topic of the forum's SPAM filter usage. I don't think any comparison here is appropriate.

BTW, the moderator of the forum does see the reason the user marked the post as abusive and can clear this flag (as I just did). Do we need everyone to see the reason why the post is marked as abusive - that's an interesting point - probably not, as it may increase hard feelings between users and may also reduce its usage (and somewhat freedom of opinion).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

• Proposed as answer by Brian Tkatch Monday, February 27, 2012 4:58 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Why do you suspect that Brian didn't read this book? 

My blog

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Cor,

You're twisting what I or Brian said, so I don't even want to discuss anything with you, sorry. Don't put your thoughts into other people heads and don't try to imply things that none of us thought or said.

My blog

Monday, February 27, 2012 6:06 PM