none
Windows Home Server, wmccds.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Source: WMConnectCDS

Event: 14305

Description: Service 'WMConnectCDS' failed to start correctly, due to 'Init MacAddressControl' returning error '0x80040154'

All the dependent services are running. I manually start it and it stops. What am I missing?

Monday, August 23, 2010 7:10 PM

All replies

• My WHS just started this error and errors for asp.net, as well as BOINC shared computing..

My searches found a functional [ so far ] solution..

I was going to post it but found your entry.

"Service 'WMConnectCDS' failed to start correctly, due to 'Init MacAddressControl' returning error '0x80040154'."
    =================================
    Michael Waterman
    Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:46 PM - - - <<<<---- NOTE date!!!

[wegotserved]

Group: Members

Run the QFE thats stored in c:\whs\UMUPNP.EXE. That way you actually reset it to the deafult state. Worked for me :)

=================================

This worked for me in NOV 2010 .. but other issues  like  asp.net errors recently cropped up and BOINC [seti ] quit working.
    Note this WHS just 'sits there doing it's job  and managing  AVAST! to attached client PCs.
    The only allowed automatic updates for this server are the Avast! updates, and Windows Update.
    .. troubleshooting continues on asp.net and  BOINC but 'Network Health' is ~~ Green ~~

hth

• Edited by MeadowsPV Thursday, November 25, 2010 12:04 PM typo
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 12:00 PM
  • I don't think most home server users would know what "QFE" means.

Anyhow,QFE = Quick Fix Engineering, a software development acronym. This is the Microsoft and Intel term for a hotfix

Also, instructions on how to do this might be helpful.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 1:27 AM