none
Which exam to choose. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, just after a little guidance as the exam system is a bit of a minefield. I'm currently in the process of upgrading my MCDST - MCITP Windows 7 enterprise technician. But i need to do a server 2008 exam, I work for a small it support company and do not do work on enterprise systems (yet). I was just wondering which exam i would need to start with and whether or not it would be useful to do the enterprise exam.

Looking for exam based on server 2008. 

Monday, September 26, 2011 12:17 PM

Answers

• If the firm you work for uses Server 2008 in a full client/server environment, knowing Active Directory (70-640) would always be a benefit.  Beyond that, Network Infrastructure (70-642) would be a good alternate.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 12:56 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• If the firm you work for uses Server 2008 in a full client/server environment, knowing Active Directory (70-640) would always be a benefit.  Beyond that, Network Infrastructure (70-642) would be a good alternate.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 12:56 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your help. I spoke to my employer and they said to go down this route and head to server 08 enterprise admin. But a lot of reading required but i shall start with those books.

Thanks Ethan

Monday, September 26, 2011 2:57 PM