none
Disable 'Press Win + G to record a game clip' popup RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I run my application, the game bar popup appears, telling me how to record a game clip. My application is not a game but for some reason Windows 10 thinks it is. I can tell it that this is not a game but this would have to be done by everone using my application.

How does Windows 10 decide what applications are games and which are not? Is there anything I can do to 'help' Windows to decide whether my application is a game? I.e. are there any registry settings (apart from globally disabling the game bar) that I can use?

• Moved by Hart Wang Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:49 AM
    Monday, November 6, 2017 1:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my search, I don't find out good method to check whether the application is game.

Did you try to turn off the game bar?  it will not affect your mood.

You can also disable the Game Bar using the registry.
    1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR.
    2. Change the AppCaptureEnabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.
    3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore.
    4. Change the GameDVR_Enabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

For more steps, please see the document. Since the issue is not related to development, I will move the case to off-topic forum.

Best Regards,

Hart

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Hart Wang Thursday, November 9, 2017 2:45 AM
    • Edited by Hart Wang Friday, November 10, 2017 6:56 AM
    Monday, November 6, 2017 7:19 AM
  • I dont see AppCaptureEnabled DWORD, but I see a red icon with the letters: "ab" of the type REG_SZ and the name is "standaard". Is it the same?
    Monday, September 3, 2018 12:38 PM