Problem installing Promise SATA/RAID RRS feed

• General discussion

• I had the same problem as other installing RC1 with Promise SATA drivers.

At setup i could load the drivers and where reconiced nicly. But after reboot I got the blue setup screen with the message:

\$WIN_NT.~BT\$OEM$\Win2003\ftsata2.sys coulde be loaded

The error code is 14

I start the PC with a bootable CD and found out the drivers where not in the WIN2003 directory but 1 dir up. I copied the drivers in the WIn2003 dir and after reboot the setup continued perfectly.

So I think there is a bug in the setup, when installing a driver from USB and the drivers are in USB:\drivers\Win2003 dir, it copies the drivers, but not in the right directory (or the link it creates is to wrong directory).

This could be the problem for other drivers too.

Sunday, July 8, 2007 1:12 PM

All replies

•  Tom van der Knaap wrote:

I had the same problem as other installing RC1 with Promise SATA drivers.

At setup i could load the drivers and where reconiced nicly. But after reboot I got the blue setup screen with the message:

\$WIN_NT.~BT\$OEM$\Win2003\ftsata2.sys coulde be loaded

The error code is 14

I start the PC with a bootable CD and found out the drivers where not in the WIN2003 directory but 1 dir up. I copied the drivers in the WIn2003 dir and after reboot the setup continued perfectly.

So I think there is a bug in the setup, when installing a driver from USB and the drivers are in USB:\drivers\Win2003 dir, it copies the drivers, but not in the right directory (or the link it creates is to wrong directory).

This could be the problem for other drivers too.

I can verify that too. If you remove the flashdrive and use a floppy, for storage drivers, it doesn't have that problem.

Both with Promise and Intel chipsets.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:19 AM
  • I too had this problem with a VIA Chipset. Did the same thing, made the folder the installer was looking for and placed the files into that folder. I believe the reason the installer is looking in that specific folder is a result of the information in the txtsetup.oem file telling it to look in a specific sub-directory. The initial WHS installer must not take the directory structure into account when it copies the needed files. I would image tweeking the txtsetup.oem file would also fix the problem but these are all things that are above my level of training.

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:11 PM
  •  bob2563 wrote:

I too had this problem with a VIA Chipset. Did the same thing, made the folder the installer was looking for and placed the files into that folder. I believe the reason the installer is looking in that specific folder is a result of the information in the txtsetup.oem file telling it to look in a specific sub-directory. The initial WHS installer must not take the directory structure into account when it copies the needed files. I would image tweeking the txtsetup.oem file would also fix the problem but these are all things that are above my level of training.

I think it's a WHS issue, not a driver issue, but I'm not sure what would fix it. *shrug*

Sunday, July 29, 2007 7:12 PM