Configuring Linksys AM300 modem RRS feed

• Question

• At the moment I have the D-Link DIR655 router, and will soon be getting the Linksys AM300 modem. All of my devices (laptop, Xbox 360, WHS) will be wired to the D-Link, then obviously the Linksys will connect to the internet then be connected to the WAN port of the D-Link.

I was reading the manual of the Linksys on their website and it says that under 'Bridged Mode Only':

If you are using your Modem as a bridge, which makes the Modem act like a stand-alone modem, select

Bridged Mode Only. All NAT and routing settings are disabled in this mode.

In order for remote access to work and for my devices to use the DHCP settings of the D-Link, would I need to choose this mode on the Linksys for it to play nicely with the D-Link?

Thanks!

Saturday, April 12, 2008 6:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, if you have the 655 set up to provide the DHCP services etc. Bridge mode only, means it just acts as a modem, nothing else, all it's internal functions such as NAT etc. are disabled.

I assume you already have the 655 set up to provide all your DHCP/Gateway services now?

Colin

Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, if you have the 655 set up to provide the DHCP services etc. Bridge mode only, means it just acts as a modem, nothing else, all it's internal functions such as NAT etc. are disabled.

I assume you already have the 655 set up to provide all your DHCP/Gateway services now?

Colin

Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:02 AM
  • Hi Colin, thanks for that.

In the current configuration the DHCP setting on my D-Link has been disabled as I have it bridged with another ADSL modem/router. However I plan on changing my Internet setup soon (hence the reason for my question) so as soon as I purchase the Linksys modem I'll re-enable the DHCP setting on the D-Link and go from there.

Saturday, April 12, 2008 12:24 PM