How to restore a single file from a windows one care cd backup?????? RRS feed

• Question

• hey I have a backup done with windows one care where i backed up everything onto CD's. its from a while ago and my computer has been wiped since then and i never recovered anything with the recovery disks back then. But now im looking to get a file that i need off the recover disks but when i try going into the disk everything is scattered into all different commpressed folders and there are 93 files on a disk. I know that it is set up to just reload everything onto your computer but i was wondering if there was anyway of finding a file on the disks without going through every single folder on every sigle disk to find it then some how get it off????
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:56 AM

Answers

• If you know the file extension you can do a custom restore by file type to a folder on your desktop. After the restore browse the folder for the file you need, restore it, then you can delete the folder.

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:03 AM

All replies

• If you know the file extension you can do a custom restore by file type to a folder on your desktop. After the restore browse the folder for the file you need, restore it, then you can delete the folder.

Jim
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:03 AM
  • During the custom restore process, you have the ability to search for a specific file to restore.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:06 PM