Vista OEM Business - 0xC004E002 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a OEM version of Windows Vista Business. I got it on last april.

I installed in April on HardDisk with 3 partition C, D, E (D and E are logical)

I formatted partition C and  I installed on it. All was good without any problem.

Yesterday I re-installed the S.O. on the same machine (without any changes) and I installed on the same  partition C: (after formatted it)

After the end of installation, I restarted pc without activate Vista.

On boot I got a black screen  with the following message:

An error has occurred.

Code:
    0xC004E002

Description:
    The Software Licensing Service reported that the license store contains inconsistent data.

No action is permitted and I didn't configurated Ethernet so I cannot open Web site.

I re-installed Vista again. On the first access, I configurated network, I activated Vista and the activation was good.
    I got the message Windows Genuine..

I restarted pc but after login screen I got the same message:

An error has occurred.

Code:
    0xC004E002

Description:
    The Software Licensing Service reported that the license store contains inconsistent data.

with blank screen without start, panel....

Following the link on the message I tried to activate on microsoft web site, but the procedure stopped with 'unknown error'..

What Can I do?

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:33 AM

Answers

• Thanks

I found the problem !!!

I have 2 GB in dual channel (two dimm 1 GB). I  tested RAM with memtest.. I had a dimm module corrupted..

I bought a new dimm module. I re-tested RAM and I didn't got  memory error any more.

I reinstalled  Windows Vista, I activated it and all works fine now.

I can tell to everybody that a lot of blue screen and license problem could be causated by ram problem

Thank you for your reply

Massimo

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:18 AM

All replies

•  

Max:

A few things, could you please first post the results of the MGADIag.exe tool (noted above here http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1012881&SiteID=25) as well, please try this:

Open an elevated command prompt (find Command Prompt in the start menu, right-click it and choose "Run as administrator") and type "net start slsvc" (and hit enter). 

If you get the following message:

"The Software Licensing service is starting.
        The Software Licensing service was started successfully."

try validating again.  You can do that by clicking "Validate Windows" here: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/
      If you get a different message please run a disk check and then run (no quotes) "sfc /scannow" in an elevated Command Prompt.  And then try validating again.

Thank you!

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:35 PM
  • Thanks

I found the problem !!!

I have 2 GB in dual channel (two dimm 1 GB). I  tested RAM with memtest.. I had a dimm module corrupted..

I bought a new dimm module. I re-tested RAM and I didn't got  memory error any more.

I reinstalled  Windows Vista, I activated it and all works fine now.

I can tell to everybody that a lot of blue screen and license problem could be causated by ram problem

Thank you for your reply

Massimo

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:18 AM