Event ID 269 - The Windows Server Client Computer Backup Service received an abort process message from hilary-pc1. Reason: 11. RRS feed

• Question

• Event ID 269 - Reason: 11

My server has been backing up find for months. On September 31, I decided to enable automatic updates as quite a few updates were not installed. Well, after the updates were installed, two of the three client computer connected to this server now show that the backups are "Not set up".

Both computer that show "Not set up" are Windows 7 Pro machines. The one computer that is still setup and still backing up successfully is a Windows XP machine. The server itself is still backing up successfully also. One of the Windows 7 Computers has not been turned on since August 5th which was the last time it had a successful backup. I've attached screenshots.

I have not tried reinstalling the connector software as I'd rather find out why this happened as I was not alerted of the problem in any way and would have not know had I not been monitoring the server and workstation while preforming windows updates.

These computers belong to a client of mine. I can't just let this slide. Please provide feedback quick as important data is currently not being backed up.

Thank You!

PS - I posted this same message as a reply to another similar message found here.

Roland
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 2:21 AM