Syncing error with Outlook plugin RRS feed

• Question

• I have one user in my organization that is unable to sync between CRM 2013 Online and Outlook. He used to be able to do it with no issues (for the last 2 years on 2011 and 2013 online), but for the last 3 months he has been unable to get sync to work.  When he clicks the sync button in Outlook 2013, he gets the following message.

A SQL Server error occurred.  Try this action again.  If the problem continues check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator.  Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support.

I am very much a part-time admin for our CRM and have been unable to track down the problem.  This occurs on his desktop and laptop.  I have even logged into my computer as him, opened Outlook, and tried to sync from my box.  Got the same error.  I immediately logged off as him, logged in as me, and I was able to sync with no issue.

He is able to use the web portal to get into his CRM and do work.  He has no issues creating new contacts, opportunities, etc., but any changes he makes in his Contacts are not syncing down to his Outlook.

As I stated in the beginning... no other employee has any issue like this. 

Monday, July 14, 2014 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Seems to be some kind of permission issue. Was any new security role assigned to him, or any existing security role had its permissions changed? Can you check the security role(s) he is assigned to has the "Sync To Outlook" permissions? You'll find it under Business Management tab, Privacy Related Privileges section under each Security Role.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:30 AM
  • Dynamotion,

Thanks for the reply.

No new role was assigned to him recently (last change probably 18 months ago) and I have not been playing with security roles.

I have checked the permissions for the user and the “Sync To Outlook” option is a full green for the Salesperson security role assigned to him.  I took some time to look at all options on every page and I do not see anything that I think might interfere with the syncing process.

Just on the off chance it is something like permissions, I am also granting him SysAdmin rights (although I won’t be letting him in on that).

If you have any other ideas, I am more than willing to try anything as I am getting a bit of heat about this from on high.

Richard

Richard

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:29 PM