Password policy of 8 characters, can be edit - but doesn't accept, backwards to use 6 or 7 characters. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there all,

The thing is, installation with the WHS RC1 went well, so well that I intented to put in in a existing environment, with existing accounts with passwords that are 6, 7 and 8 characters long. The thing is, that in this environment, users uses their account/pasword a lot to startup services and applications. So for the existing users I needed to reverse the number of the Password Policy Lenght, which can be edit, but is doesn't work at all. Even if You use the Local Security Policy Management Console. It just doesn't work to edit to a lenght of 6 characters. How do I ? How can I ? Somebody seen this before ??

Monday, June 18, 2007 5:41 PM

All replies

•  Dutch-Anonymous wrote:

Hi there all,

The thing is, installation with the WHS RC1 went well, so well that I intented to put in in a existing environment, with existing accounts with passwords that are 6, 7 and 8 characters long. The thing is, that in this environment, users uses their account/pasword a lot to startup services and applications. So for the existing users I needed to reverse the number of the Password Policy Lenght, which can be edit, but is doesn't work at all. Even if You use the Local Security Policy Management Console. It just doesn't work to edit to a lenght of 6 characters. How do I ? How can I ? Somebody seen this before ??

Yes, there are half  a dozen threads about the password policy.
    Monday, June 18, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Sorry, I didn't look to good, did I...? If that is the case, this issue, is not really an issue....
    Monday, June 18, 2007 7:07 PM
  • Oh, it's still an issue, there are just other threads debating the same things, so this is a known issue.

Wink

Monday, June 18, 2007 7:28 PM