Uninstall Vista and Install XP RRS feed

• Question

• Can you please tell me the proper way to replace Vista with XP?  I have some older programs which will not work with Vista.  I am not sure I selected the right Forum Category or Forum.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Michael
    Friday, June 17, 2011 10:08 PM

Answers

• "MichaelMichael100" wrote in message news:008826a9-6729-4510-9256-2ce9b87c61fa...

Can you please tell me the proper way to replace Vista with XP?  I have some older programs which will not work with Vista.  I am not sure I selected the right Forum Category or Forum.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Michael

The best place to ask this question would be the Answers forums - but essentially you'd have to use a Full Retail copy of Windows XP, and format the hard drive using the options once you've booted from the XP CD.
    You will lose ALL data an programs on the drive, so make sure that you've backed up the data first!

The answers forums are here - if you have any more questions, please ask them there.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, June 17, 2011 10:41 PM

All replies

• "MichaelMichael100" wrote in message news:008826a9-6729-4510-9256-2ce9b87c61fa...

Can you please tell me the proper way to replace Vista with XP?  I have some older programs which will not work with Vista.  I am not sure I selected the right Forum Category or Forum.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Michael

The best place to ask this question would be the Answers forums - but essentially you'd have to use a Full Retail copy of Windows XP, and format the hard drive using the options once you've booted from the XP CD.
    You will lose ALL data an programs on the drive, so make sure that you've backed up the data first!

The answers forums are here - if you have any more questions, please ask them there.

Friday, June 17, 2011 10:41 PM
  • Thanks, Noel.  I'll check out the "Answers" forum.  Nice to talk to you again.  The earlier problem you helped me with, the Vista validation problem, has never resurfaced, so thanks again for that.

Michael

Michael
    Friday, June 17, 2011 11:20 PM
  • "MichaelMichael100" wrote in message news:6374d10b-fd01-4212-80ed-84e03d39ccbc...

Thanks, Noel.  I'll check out the "Answers" forum.  Nice to talk to you again.  The earlier problem you helped me with, the Vista validation problem, has never resurfaced, so thanks again for that.

Michael

Michael

egad - I'd forgotten about that :)

Good Luck

--

Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:04 AM