none
Acer Aspire easyStore H340 Connection Failure/Bad Ethernet Port? RRS feed

• Question

• This is most likely a hardware issue, but I'm sure the Acer Aspire easyStore H340 is popular among the users here, so maybe one of you can help me out.

Just yesterday, my H340 (out of warranty) became totally inaccessible. I have it connected directly to the AT&T 2WIRE modem/router combo. The network indicator icon on the server is blue – indicating that it is connected to the router. However, going into 2WIRE networking setup menu, the H340 is grayed-out, meaning it's not connected to my network, therefore I cannot access it on my other computers (the WHS connector icon is also gray) or remote desktop connection into it.  I have not change any settings on the router or the server since connecting them together.

I have shutdown and reboot the server several times; along with switching the connection to other Ethernet ports (which I have verified are working fine) and tried several different cables, but I am still unable to connect. The server indicators are not reporting any errors. The system status, “i”, is blue and every hard disks are working fine. 

I am thinking the server Ethernet port has failed, but it's not reporting any error, so I am at a lost...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:27 PM

All replies

• I'm in the same situation, and looking for help too! I have connected my WHS to an isolated network and can't see it at all.

I don't know if it's a dead ethernet port though - I'm getting lots of blinky lights at the port and at the router.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:20 PM
  • I have a new Acer Aspire with a bad Ethernet port.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 9:58 AM