none
Need help deleting my hotmail account

Question

• I am unable to delete my hotmail.   am_preston@hotmail.com  Unique ID: 

0006000087587A32

When I go to account and click on close account or go straight to the close account link page, it says that I must first cancel my billing service.  Go to Microsoft Account and Billing Services athttps://billing.microsoft.com.  

I go to the billing services and it says:

This Windows Live ID does not currently have a billing relationship with Microsoft. MSN offers a variety of services that you may subscribe to. For more information, go tohttp://get.msn.com/?lm=en-ca .

I did notice on my account page for hotmail that is has a spot that says:  Windows Live Hotmail Plus Options

Manage your subscription to Hotmail Plus

Billing management

Get support

Cancel my subscription

When I click on get support or cancel my subscription, I am re-directed to the Microsoft billing page where it tells me AGAIN that I do not have any billing accounts.

I called Microsoft Online Support at 1-866- 672-4551 and they verified that I DO NOT subscribe to Hotmail Plus and that my hotmail account is a FREE account.

But, I still cannot DELETE it permanently.  Please HELP!!!!!!!

A moderator looked into it: 

Hi am_preston,

After reviewing the information you provided and looking at your account details, I have determined that you have to go through account recovery process.

Kindly refer to this link.

I TRIED THAT!!! ALL IT DOES IS RESET YOUR PASSWORD!!!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:49 PM

All replies

• The same is happening to me, this has to be the worst experience I have ever come across. It just leads you in circles.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:57 AM
  • Do you already know the answer?

I also have this problem. I can't delete my email account.

Regards,

Ashvin Ghisyawan

www.totaalfotografie.nl

Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:21 AM
  • For help with Hotmail or Live ID (including deletion) go here to:

Ask Questions, Read replies, view solutions.

Hotmail forum

Live ID forum

Fyi...Hotmail accounts can not be deleted. They automatically expire due to inactivity (inactive after 270 days, deleted from the web server after 365 days).

For further info on 'Closing A Hotmail account' see:

...winston
    MS MVP Windows Experience(2007-2016), Insider MVP(2016-2017)

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:00 AM
  • There is going to be a class action law suit over this and the people are going to win. They don't want you to delete your account because they are up to no good. You have the right to delete your account. I'm seeing more things like this going on where they use people's information to manipulate people. I say report them to the Better Business Bureau and start a petition to get the court to force them to give back what is yours.  
    Monday, April 24, 2017 1:31 PM
  • There is going to be a class action law suit over this and the people are going to win. They don't want you to delete your account because they are up to no good. You have the right to delete your account.

It's been over 5 yrs since this thread's last activity, thus its uncertain if you're informed or not of changes made in the last 1825 days for closing an account.  It might also be appropriate to review the Terms of Use for Microsoft Accounts.

https://account.live.com/closeaccount.aspx

<qp>
    Before you mark this account for closure, you'll want to:
    Cancel any subscriptions. You can cancel most—but not all—subscriptions through Microsoft Billing.
    For subscriptions you don't find there, you'll need to go directly to the service itself.

Use all of your Skype credit. Your Skype credit (if any) will be lost on account closure. You may want
    to check about your Skype subscription and remaining Skype credit.

Use up your account balances Any balances you have from Microsoft or Xbox gift cards might be lost
    when this account closes. Check account balance.

Set up automatic email replies. During the waiting period, your Outlook.com inbox will still receive mail.
    Create an autoreply to let people know you're closing this account and tell them how to reach you instead.

Disable Reset Protection.  If you have a Windows device with Reset Protection enabled, you should disable
    this here before closing your account. If you do not disable Reset Protection, your phone could become
    unusable after your account is closed.

Just in case you change your mind, we wait 60 days before permanently closing an account. During the waiting
    period, this account is marked for closure but it still exists. To reopen, you'll need to prove you're you
    using your current account security info.
    </qp>

Also, note...this forum(Live Writer and not even related to 'account closure') for all practical purposes is defunct.

...winston
    MS MVP Windows Experience(2007-2016), Insider MVP(2016-2017)

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:15 AM