Subscription Ready to Expire Do I Unistall Old Product (OneCare) or Not? RRS feed

• Question

• I have OneCare installed on all three units here at home, my notebook, and my two desktops. The subscription is ready to expire. I went out and purchased a new OneCare product, reason new from a store which was cheaper than buying it on line direct, which if it was only a couple of dollars it may not made any difference, but it was sufficient to make a difference. Problem is what I have asked before but received no reply is – do I uninstall the original OneCare product and reinstall the new OneCare product or do something else? So far I have no problems with the product, have checked and verified that the backups are good and I have no complaints. My applications that I do are used on other companies systems and are all virus free.

Thursday, April 9, 2009 2:06 AM

Answers

• Don't uninstall One Care. See this post on how to renew a One Care subscription which includes how to use a retail product key for renewal - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/d05b54d0-3ba0-4636-9330-3b809f70d126
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 4:44 AM
  • I want to thank-you for your answer, I'll try it if I'm back we know it didn't work. It appears to be a good product and is a lot simplier to use than others. After the last go around with an un-named company, which I has supported since the early 70's using their product on over 300 units.

Once again thank-you for your help
    Monday, April 13, 2009 3:38 PM

All replies

• Don't uninstall One Care. See this post on how to renew a One Care subscription which includes how to use a retail product key for renewal - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/d05b54d0-3ba0-4636-9330-3b809f70d126
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 4:44 AM
  • I want to thank-you for your answer, I'll try it if I'm back we know it didn't work. It appears to be a good product and is a lot simplier to use than others. After the last go around with an un-named company, which I has supported since the early 70's using their product on over 300 units.

Once again thank-you for your help
    Monday, April 13, 2009 3:38 PM