Call Forwarding Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using OCS 2005 with RCC. If i am trying to set the Call Forwarding from the Office Communicator it works fine as expected and the ICON changes to green color.

We can also initiate the CallForwarding from the physical phone using *21*Number# to enable the Call Forwading. If I initiate the CallForwarding from the Phone used by OC, the ICON is not turned to Green even though the PBX sends the postive confirmation.

Please do let me know how to enable the Call Forwarding from Phone and the same should be seen on the Monitored Office Communicator.

Regards,

Rohit 

Monday, February 23, 2009 11:40 AM

All replies

• Rohit,
    That will be a function of your CSTA. The PBX-to-PBX phone communicates well. However, if those features are not communicated from PBX-CSTA-LCS, the status won't change.
    Jim Raymond - DynTek
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:38 AM
  • Thanks alot for the information.

My only problem when i set forwarding from the phone is the ICON on the OC is not turning to Green even though the feature is set on the OC. From my application i am sending the ForwardEvent to OCS but the ICON on the OC is still disbaled. The functiinality works as exopected i.e, if we get call on this OC the call will be forwarded to other phone.

Regards,
    Rohit
    Monday, March 2, 2009 5:37 AM
  • Hi there,
    If you are using RCC with Cisco CUPS / CallManager, it's a known limitation that you can't set call forwarding from the phone and have it be reflected in the GUI. From the OCS / CUPS RCC doc:

Call Forward Setting on DTP or IP Phone: Call forward setting made on the Cisco IP Phone (Desktop) is not recognized and reflected by the MOC GUI. As of the current release of the Microsoft OCS, this feature is not supported. Thus, the MOC overrides any call forward setting manually configured on the DTP.

If you aren't using CUPS, but some other system like GETS, maybe the same limitation applies.

Regards,
    Matt

Matt McGillen, PointBridge - https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt/default.aspx
    Monday, March 2, 2009 10:23 PM
  • thanks alot for the information.

Since this is a limitation from the Microsoft OC to update the GUI event though the forwarding is set on the phone, we will wait for next release of OC to check if this is fixed or not.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 11:29 AM
  • Hi All,

Can you please provide me either document name or link to the document from Microsft which specifies this limitation.

I need official document from microsoft to just my reason as a limitation to my customer.

Please do let me know if you have any information.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Rohit
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:27 AM