none
Can't log in with Signin button in topic RRS feed

• Question

• When I receive a link that a question I have posted in the forum has been answered, I click on the link and open a MS Edge instance of the answer. When I try to sign in with the sign in button on the upper right corner nothing happens. I tried it using Internet explorer and received the same result. Its like the url in disabled or not there. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:09 PM

Answers

• I just reported this. We'll see if they can fix it.

edit: engineering is looking into it now.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:50 PM

All replies

• I just reported this. We'll see if they can fix it.

edit: engineering is looking into it now.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:50 PM
  • For some reason the link;

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformsapplications/thread/ab3d7dac-470c-4f4a-802a-043999c9ae40/#728b3857-267d-4e8f-9110-35af94f21a0f

when clicked redirects the URL to;

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/ab3d7dac-470c-4f4a-802a-043999c9ae40/moving-to-a-specific-record-when-a-form-is-displayed?forum=winformsapplications#728b3857-267d-4e8f-9110-35af94f21a0f

(adds in /windows )they're looking into the problem and a fix.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:26 PM
  • Sure you have Javascript enabled in your browser and you have no active ad blocker?

Monday, April 29, 2019 12:40 PM
  • Sure you have Javascript enabled in your browser and you have no active ad blocker?

Yes, when I mouse over it doesn't even show a link. I am a MS subscriber and am able to log in on several other pages. I believe its only this one. If its not a problem for anyone else, it probably just me. I have Windows 10, OS Build 15063.1029. Dell OptiPlex 3040 64 bit machine. Tried it with Edge and Explorer nether worked. My work around is to go to the forum home page sign in then follow the links back to my post.    
    Monday, April 29, 2019 6:34 PM
  • The link redirects to a page with inactive buttons, I'm still waiting for an answer from engineering as to why. 

Monday, April 29, 2019 6:42 PM