Duplication is failing RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting a "Duplication is failing" message on my public shared folder. I wonder if it's because the path is too long. There are several files in the same directory that are failing. Here is one example:

FAILURE: D:\shares\Public\dev\old\work\Projects\Visual Studio Projects\CLNT\AutomatedEventMarketing\3rdPartyComponents\Microsoft\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.Interfaces\MICROS~1.VBP

I don't really need these files anymore, so I first deleted the files with the message. They came back. I decided I didn't really need the entire directory, so I deleted the whole thing. Now, the directory stays gone, but even after a couple of days, the error persists.

Is there anyway to refresh this?

Friday, July 13, 2007 11:34 PM

Answers

• There's a limit of 260 characters on a file name including path (it's a .net limitation) but your file is well under that. Are you still having this issue?
    Monday, July 23, 2007 10:25 PM
  • Try renaming the file to not use the '~' (tilde) character and see if that helps
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:39 PM

All replies

• There's a limit of 260 characters on a file name including path (it's a .net limitation) but your file is well under that. Are you still having this issue?
    Monday, July 23, 2007 10:25 PM
  • Try renaming the file to not use the '~' (tilde) character and see if that helps
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:39 PM