Activate RRS feed

• Question

• I have reinstalled by WHS software and can't activate it. If I enter the product key I get incorrect product although I have previously reinstalled with this key. Tried to use the phone and got a message that the software is not genuine which I know is wrong. This is an old version of WHS, is this the issue and what is the solution?
    Sunday, November 2, 2014 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

where did the software come from - was it system builder package or part of a Windows Home Server appliance from an OEM?

Reinstalled on the same hardware? If not, the installation medium might be tied to a specific OEM hardware platform.

How often did you use this product key before for installation? (Some keys may have a limited number of activations.)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:53 AM
  • The installation is a WHS system I bought from Tranquil. This is the second time I've reinstalled on the same hardware.

Regards

John

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:41 AM
  • Hm.

On which stage of entering the key you get the incorrect key message? The keyboard is not messed up (i.e. wrong layout and you do not enter the character you expect to enter)?

Network connection is working?

Are date, time and time zone on the server matching the reality? (Especially time zone usually tends to default to Pacific time during installation ...)

How much time went between the last activation and now?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:25 PM