Back up data in external HD to a different external HD RRS feed

• Question

• Can information on external drives be backed up along with the internal HD to the central location in my home network?

So far I see that the only information being backed up is information in the internal HD.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:30 PM

Answers

• Albert Art,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare program forums.

As far as i understand,  the OneCare subscription allows the user to back up files on the computer that is using the subscription to a location whether it be to another pc hub in the circle or central location so to answer your question,  I believe that the files you can back up are the files on the internal HD. In addition, OneCare doesn't have a feature where you can select which location of the files to choose from except those files that are on the computer that OneCare is on.

I hope that answered your question,

Lori MS

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:38 PM

All replies

• Albert Art,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare program forums.

As far as i understand,  the OneCare subscription allows the user to back up files on the computer that is using the subscription to a location whether it be to another pc hub in the circle or central location so to answer your question,  I believe that the files you can back up are the files on the internal HD. In addition, OneCare doesn't have a feature where you can select which location of the files to choose from except those files that are on the computer that OneCare is on.

I hope that answered your question,

Lori MS

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:38 PM
  • The simple answer is that OneCare can only back up files located on the internal drives. External drives are not looked at for files to be backed up.

-steve

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:55 PM