GIT CHECKIN ISSUE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am trying to do a schema compare in VS on the GIT based repository ( which has data for current DB ).
    Now schema compare is failing to merge a new SQL View as that view has the query which uses a table from other database. However the GIT repos have schema etc for current database.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error SQL71561: View: [dbo].[xyyyyyy] has an unresolved reference to object [DB_OTHER].[dbo].[TABLE_IN_OTHER_DB].

Can you help that how can I checkin . any way I can compel VS to not look for reference?

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, it seems that you have a conflict when doing a schema compare, please refer to the similar issue to resolve it.

Then, following the guide to try again.

BTW, if it persists, we recommend you start a new thread in the SQL Server Data Tools forum for a more professional help. Thanks for your understanding.

Hoping everything goes well.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:28 AM