file copy problem with WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
       I am hoping someone has a suggestion on how to fix a problem I am having with my home server.  Everytime I try to copy files off of the server my wireless connection fails after about 10 seconds.  I am certain it is connected to the home server somehow because the only time the signal fails is when I am copying files.  No problems with it any other times.  I have a homemade server wired into a linksys WRT610n.  I am not even sure when to start investigating a problem.  Any suggestions?
    thanks,
    David
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 12:01 AM

Answers

• Does not happen with a wired connection.  I did some other reading and it may actually be due to the wireless radios overheating in my router during heavy usage ( I have a linksys wrt610n).  Still trying to figure out what to do about that.
    thanks,
    David
    • Marked as answer by ShadowHawk219 Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:20 PM
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,
       I am hoping someone has a suggestion on how to fix a problem I am having with my home server.  Everytime I try to copy files off of the server my wireless connection fails after about 10 seconds.  I am certain it is connected to the home server somehow because the only time the signal fails is when I am copying files.  No problems with it any other times.  I have a homemade server wired into a linksys WRT610n.  I am not even sure when to start investigating a problem.  Any suggestions?
    thanks,
    David
    What happens if you try to copy a file from the server to the same client, except using a wired connection?
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 3:13 AM
  • Does not happen with a wired connection.  I did some other reading and it may actually be due to the wireless radios overheating in my router during heavy usage ( I have a linksys wrt610n).  Still trying to figure out what to do about that.
    thanks,
    David
    • Marked as answer by ShadowHawk219 Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:20 PM
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:20 PM