Changing OwnerID upon row creation - CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

Have spent a lot of time googling and trying the 2011 AssignRequest class, but no luck.

How do I change the OwnerID of a row after creating it in ContactBase with my pre-defined GUID?

Any ideas please? I didn't know changing one column in CRM could be that difficult, or at least that's what I'm finding out. The MSDN help clearly specified that AssignRequest only applies to CRM 2011?

Thanks heaps.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:54 AM

All replies

• Could you share you code and details when and how you are doing it ??, One your record is created, you can change owner using assign only.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:49 AM
  • How do I change the OwnerID of a row after creating it in ContactBase with my pre-defined GUID?

--> What is your purpose of pre-defined GUID?

If you change want to change your OwnerId after creation (onCreate), there are three ways using Plugin (I use this because you said upon row creation)

1. Using code set owner id column and register your plugin as onCreate (Pre)

2. Using code AssignRequest, bust please register your plugin as onCreate (Post Create), alias postCreate Event

3. using code update owner id column with Guid from your entity.Id (current entity Id) and register your plugin as onCreate (Post Create)

I prefer to use number 2.

Thanks.

Friday, May 9, 2014 6:42 PM