Export data to a file when click on Ribbon button in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a situation where I wanted to add a new button to the marketing list member ribbon. There is a specific ribbon for this data.  

When click on this ribbon, it'll write the members data to csv file and download it.

I've add ribbon button ok, but I have no idea how to use JS or C# to write data to a file and download it (download dialog displayed and ask where to save file).

Any idea for help, please?

Hello Andrii Butenko Slickdata

Do u have any suggestion for this, please?

THanks,

If my question/answer can help you, please give me a points :) ----You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try---

Monday, July 28, 2014 10:53 AM

Answers

• Hello,

If the given Out of the box is not suitable for your requirement, then you can add a custom button and achieve the functionality on the ribbon button click.

Create an .aspx page which accepts the querystring and does your functionality and flushes the .csv file with the data. Deploy the .aspx on the server and use the same link in the ribbon button click.

I agree, it is a complex process but I had followed the same thing to achieve the client requirement.

--

Regards,

Gopinath.

http://mscrmtechie.blogspot.com

• Proposed as answer by Gopinath Reddy Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by AnyMi Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:54 AM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hey,

Do you want to export all the members of a marketing list in a csv file ?

You have an out of the box button in the irbbon to do that.

Go to "Member list" and you will see the button in your ribbon.

Ragrds,

Ju_li3n

Blog: crmandme.blogspot.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ju_li3n "Working hard for something we don't care is called STRESS. Working hard for something we love is called PASSION"

Monday, July 28, 2014 11:19 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, I want to do that, but I want to export in a .csv file with some specific data. After write a csv file, download diaog displayed ask you to download it.

The out of box button export to a excel file  created bigs exported files.

Is there any way to write data to csv file and download it on browser using wokflow code?

Thanks,

If my question/answer can help you, please give me a points :) ----You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try---

• Edited by AnyMi Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:26 AM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:27 AM
  • Hello,

If the given Out of the box is not suitable for your requirement, then you can add a custom button and achieve the functionality on the ribbon button click.

Create an .aspx page which accepts the querystring and does your functionality and flushes the .csv file with the data. Deploy the .aspx on the server and use the same link in the ribbon button click.

I agree, it is a complex process but I had followed the same thing to achieve the client requirement.

--

Regards,

Gopinath.

http://mscrmtechie.blogspot.com

• Proposed as answer by Gopinath Reddy Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by AnyMi Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:54 AM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:22 AM