Bind data into DATAGRIDVIEW using a class to decript data that is encripted within the SQL server. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys, I have one more question for my project that I'm having problems.

I have a  SQL Server that holds my data that is all encripted, the problem is that I'm not using Async encription throught SQL but throught a Class on my project and now I'm having problems to show information on a gridview where I cannot show information withing Datagrig because when binding it does not do option do first pass the information throught the class to then show it on dataGridView.

Do you guys, have any idea how to solf this?

Thank you all in advanced.

Brgds//Rodrigo 

Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Rodrigo,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss the VS usage issue.

To help you find the correct forum for this issue, would you mind letting us know more information about this issue? Which kind of language are you using, VB, VC++ or others? Which kind of app are you developing, WinForm or ASP.NET?

I suggest you post this issue to the specific development forum.

For example, if it is related to the ASP.net like this document, I suggest you could post this issue in http://forums.asp.net where asp.net experts live in, and there you would get dedicated support.

But if it the WinForm app, you could get the correct from like this thread “Help required for DataGridView and data binding to a SQL server database”.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:10 AM
  • Instead of binding the DataGridview use the DataGridProperty "DataSource" and set it to a DataTable.  You can then fill the DataTable through you class code.  I have often used either the OledbDataAdapter or SQLDataAdapter to retrieve data from a databae and display in a DataGridView.  Below is sample code.  You don't need to use the DataAdapter and can use you own custom code to extract the data from the database.

http://www.dotnetperls.com/datagridview-tutorial

jdweng

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:52 AM