Nothing in media file RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully backed up data from my Vista machine and it appears to be organized by drive. Fine so far. But HS automatically creates folders for music, etc, so I thought my music might be in there. It is not. Nothing is.

Sharing is enabled in WMP. Server is visible on the network (though the option to share music with HS does not seem to be in WMP).

I assumed that media would be stored in this folder automatically. What am I missing?

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:55 AM

Answers

• The shares are nothing to do with the backup process.

Backups are copies of your PC's data which are saved in case you need them back.

The shares on the server are folders where you can put whatever you want, and make those files available to other users on your network (or remotely if you enable that feature). These aren't backed up in the same way, but are duplicated onto your other drives (if you have more than one drive).

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:44 PM

All replies

• The shares are nothing to do with the backup process.

Backups are copies of your PC's data which are saved in case you need them back.

The shares on the server are folders where you can put whatever you want, and make those files available to other users on your network (or remotely if you enable that feature). These aren't backed up in the same way, but are duplicated onto your other drives (if you have more than one drive).

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:44 PM
  • Thank you.
    Tuesday, July 17, 2007 2:28 PM