RA connection shows music empty RRS feed

• Question

• The RA connection on Vail shows 0 songs.  Album view shows 28 albums; Artist view shows 35 artists; Genre shows 11; Ratings 'shows 1 or more stars, 128 songs', '2 or more stars, 128 songs', '3 or more stars, 128 songs' (I haven't rated anything); Playlists, no playlists; and All music says "There is no music found in your library."  All of the views showing content show only "loading details" constantly under the details heading.

The music is old MP3s that were archived on a random CD.  I simply copied them in to the Z: music share from the CD.

Monday, July 12, 2010 5:38 AM

Answers

• The RA connection on Vail shows 0 songs.  Album view shows 28 albums; Artist view shows 35 artists; Genre shows 11; Ratings 'shows 1 or more stars, 128 songs', '2 or more stars, 128 songs', '3 or more stars, 128 songs' (I haven't rated anything); Playlists, no playlists; and All music says "There is no music found in your library."  All of the views showing content show only "loading details" constantly under the details heading.

The music is old MP3s that were archived on a random CD.  I simply copied them in to the Z: music share from the CD. 

First, copying data to the shares from the server desktop is unsupported so it's possible that's your problem (although I doubt it).  In any event, you should file a bug report on Connect.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 3:12 PM

All replies

First, copying data to the shares from the server desktop is unsupported so it's possible that's your problem (although I doubt it).  In any event, you should file a bug report on Connect.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 3:12 PM
  • Odd that local copy would be unsupported. 

I did copy some more MP3 files from a different computer and now all the music shows.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:24 AM
  • Odd that local copy would be unsupported. 

I did copy some more MP3 files from a different computer and now all the music shows.

FYI, it's unsupported because logging into the server desktop is unsupported.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:54 AM