Why so slow at synching? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

It can be 5 minutes from I save a file in my folder on my laptop until it appears on my wife's laptop - both online and running newest Live mesh. My wife is running Vista 32bit, and I have been running both XP32bit and Win7 64bit.

I have nor installed dropbox, that seems WAY faster... but I'd like af ix for live mesh instead, so any help out there?

Thanks

eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.
    Three times MVP and three times MCTS in BizTalk.
    Blog: http://blog.eliasen.dk
    Friday, November 13, 2009 10:13 AM

Answers

• 5 minutes is actually not bad. It can sometimes happen faster and sometimes much slower. The Live Mesh client works in the background and does not *instantly* spring into action to transfer data at full speed. If you are synchronizing with the Live Desktop, if the transfer of data is via the cloud or P2P, and the size of the file all play a role in speed.
    If you wish to give feedback on this:

Live Mesh Beta: Suggestions - Go cast your vote!

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, November 13, 2009 12:30 PM

All replies

• 5 minutes is actually not bad. It can sometimes happen faster and sometimes much slower. The Live Mesh client works in the background and does not *instantly* spring into action to transfer data at full speed. If you are synchronizing with the Live Desktop, if the transfer of data is via the cloud or P2P, and the size of the file all play a role in speed.
    If you wish to give feedback on this:

Live Mesh Beta: Suggestions - Go cast your vote!

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, November 13, 2009 12:30 PM
  • 5 minutes is actually not bad.
    To be honest, my requirements are simply greater than that. I need to be able to put a file into my mesh folder and then not wait several minutes before I can close my laptop.

But thanks for your feedback.
    eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.
    Three times MVP and three times MCTS in BizTalk.
    Blog: http://blog.eliasen.dk
    Friday, November 13, 2009 1:05 PM