none
asp.net app able to connect to remote web service from command line but not when running under IIS RRS feed

• Question

• I have a asp.net project that gets input from a form and connects to a remote web service to get some information. 

On my development machine, this works fine, but on a somewhat locked down machine the login to the web service fails because no response is received. 

I've gone to the lengths of writing a powershell to do the connection and get the info. That works fine when run from PowerShell on the server, but the exact same powershell fails to connect if called from the Asp.net program running under IIS. (being powershell I can write lots of debugging to a file, and it's clear that the step that fails is only the connection). 

So it's not a proxy or firewall issue one would think. I know this is more IIS system admin, but any ideas or better locations to post appreciated. 

• Moved by CoolDadTx Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:28 PM ASP.NET related
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:42 PM

All replies

• Use the following forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:47 PM
  • If it failed, then was there an error message returned?
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:19 AM