Having troubles downgrading from CRM 2011 to CRM 4.0 Outlook Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've tried this on 2 different computers so far, and both times got the same error when configuring the CRM 4.0 outlook client.

I uninstalled the 2011 client, and then installed the 4.0 client with no problems, but then when i configured the client with my organization, it passed the URL and User authentication, but failed when configuring. The error is:

Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallPstAction failed.
    LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.

Thanks,

Paul N

Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is from the log file:

16:33:16|  Error| Configuration exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004010F): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallPstAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)

at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)

at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)

at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InternalInstall(IDictionary stateSaver)

at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)

at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Install(IDictionary data)

at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Run()

Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Here is the resolution from another thread of the same type. It sounds like the 2011 outlook client can leave some remnants around that get in the way.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm2011beta/thread/56eec77f-7fd2-48f3-b239-662f8bf6349e

Here is another thread to back this up with similiar instructions.

http://eastoceantechnical.blogspot.com/2010/11/error-installing-outlook-client-cannot.html

Jamie Miley
    • Proposed as answer by Edwin2win Thursday, March 3, 2011 10:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, March 3, 2011 7:06 PM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:48 AM
  • I am having the same problem, but I am unable to view the first link ("Not authorized" error message)

The second link seems to deal with another issue - at least there is no reference to the "Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallPstAction failed" error message.

Could somebody please outline the solution in the first link?

Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:24 AM
  • This is an older thread.  They have since. removed access to the old crm2011beta forums.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Friday, November 25, 2011 5:54 PM