http://login.live.com/uilogout.srf

Signing out. You're signing out of the following sites:
    FAIL  Windows Live OneCare
    OK    Microsoft
    OK    etc, etc, etc, etc

Any advice?

Friday, June 27, 2008 3:59 PM

Answers

• Ah! When the forums act up with LiveID issues it is usually due to a corrupt cookie. So, the solution usually is to delete your cookies and temporary Internet files. Then restart the browser.

On the other hand for the newsgroups web interface (that's the link you posted), when you click "new" to start a new thread, you should have a little window appear floating above and attached to the New link to select Question or General comment. Once you've selected one of the two choices, you'll get the form for a new post. Note that the newsgroups web interface will also need popup blocking off for the site as the form for a new post is a small browser window that pops up.

I know that doesn't answer the logout failure, but it has been my experience that the logout script will often fail from one or more sites due to cookies on the local PC being expired already, so you were not actually logged in.

-steve

Friday, June 27, 2008 5:23 PM

All replies

• What problem are you trying to resolve? Is this following an action such as activation, changing the status of a PC to make it a hub, or changing backup settings?

Why do you need to log out?

-steve

Friday, June 27, 2008 4:33 PM
  • Problem is, I go to the Microsoft forums

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sqlserver.server

... and I'm signed in.

But when I try to add a NEW Thread, the browser flashes and nothing happens. SO ... just to make sure, I figured I'd "Sign-Out" and "SignIn" again to make sure the correct Live ID is being used.

But, sign-out, fails to signout of OneCare .... thus this question

Friday, June 27, 2008 4:52 PM
  • Ah! When the forums act up with LiveID issues it is usually due to a corrupt cookie. So, the solution usually is to delete your cookies and temporary Internet files. Then restart the browser.

On the other hand for the newsgroups web interface (that's the link you posted), when you click "new" to start a new thread, you should have a little window appear floating above and attached to the New link to select Question or General comment. Once you've selected one of the two choices, you'll get the form for a new post. Note that the newsgroups web interface will also need popup blocking off for the site as the form for a new post is a small browser window that pops up.

I know that doesn't answer the logout failure, but it has been my experience that the logout script will often fail from one or more sites due to cookies on the local PC being expired already, so you were not actually logged in.

-steve

Friday, June 27, 2008 5:23 PM