Old mapping attributes are not going while importing new customization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is in CRM 4.0.
    I have 1:N relationship in Lead entity with Contact entity. In there some attributes from source (Lead) entity are marked as DNU (do not use). I need to remove those attributes and include new one. Great works fine. (I had even exported Lead entity customization before doing above changes for my backup).

After I did above changes, I again exported Lead entity customization. Now to check/unit test, I imported customization and I can see the old attributes came back. But, I can also see the new attributes mapping which was not there earlier and guess what, after I imported new customization, I can still see the old attributes mappings.

Is this a bug in CRM 4.0 or am I doing something wrong here?

Krunal Doshi

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:50 AM

Answers

• Importing customizations never deletes any metadata, it only adds those elements that are not present in the system.

You cannot delete attributes, relationships or field mappings by importing a customization file that does not have those elements, instead the result will be a system that has everything it had before plus anything that was in the customization file but did not exist in the organization before the import.

• Marked as answer by Krunal Doshi Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:03 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:22 PM