off topic - Help: Problem updating my information and adding a new credit card RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have moved from USA to Australia. I am trying to purchase e-Learning course, but since my account is registered to a USA address, I have not been able to put correct billing information.

I accessed my personal information and tried to edit it, but the country field is fixed and I can not change it. I tried to add a credit card but same results.

I have spent about 45 minutes going in circle, please help.

Thank you,

Youssef

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:33 PM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

Billing accounts and LiveIDs are a bit odd. I don't know if you can change the country. Your best bet may be to create a new LiveID and new Billing account for your new address information and credit card. If you need to transfer other account data to the new LiveID, you'll need to work with support for each of those services. You can still keep the old LiveID if it is a Hotmail account, but you can't use it as a Billing account for your paid services, I would suspect.

-steve

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:12 PM
  • Thanks Steve for your reply.

It was very difficult to select what support I need, because I did not see Hotmail support. This was the closest community I was able to find.

I must say, it is a little bit frustrating to be left with no where to turn to.

I pay for Hotmail storage and the name seem to have changed from Hotmail. I wouild not want to create a new ID, since my account is very old.

I guess I a bit confused on what to do.

Thanks again for trying to help..

Cheers,

Youssef

Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:48 PM
  • You're welcome, Youssef.

Yes, it is frustrating.

Since you are using Windows Live Hotmail Plus (extra storage) you should be able to view your support options and contact Billing support by signing on at http://support.msn.com

Of course, there may be an issue as the service is not available in all countries. You'll find that out when you reach out to support.

-steve

Monday, December 1, 2008 1:00 AM