Is there an additional Port # to Port 4125 I can use for a 2nd server remote connection? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

If I understand correctly, port 4125 appears to establish a connection using the IP address of the server on my network most recently requesting connection, drops any other connection and closes the port once the proxy connection is established. As I have 2 servers running on my network the previously connected server IP address is dropped and this connect/disconnect situation recurs between both servers i.e. it allows connection by "new" server IP adress and closes the "old" server IP adrress connection. My d-link router port forwarding allows port 4125 to be linked to one server IP address, not both.

This may explain previous problems I posted regarding the port forwarding warning messages and also the go daddy security certificate warning based on one server IP address attempting to use port 4125 already linked to the other server IP address on the same network.

WHS remote connection functionality appears to be based around one server/one connection per home network.

I can still connect remotely to both servers, just that alternately server 1) has no warning messages 2) has warning messages.  

Other than port 4125 - is there an additional port # I can set-up which will allow each server to connect remotely with no repeat warning messages each time? 

Thanks  
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 2:37 PM

All replies

• No, there is no way to change Windows Home Server so that it uses a port other than 4125 (which is what you need).
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 2:46 PM