How to open Money 2005 mbf file in USMoneyDlxSunset RRS feed

• Question

• I had my old PC crashed last July 2013 with my Money 2005 in it, fortunately I was keeping a backup file .mbf in my USB stick.  A year back or less, I installed USMoneyDlxSunset in my other PC with Win7 and tried restoring my .mbf file but no success, so I reverted back to my old PC.  Now I don't have any choice, I have to use my other PC with newer version of Money.

I reviewed the threads related to this problem, I tried opening MoneyDlxSunset with "RunasAdministrator" then "Restore Backup" from File Menu, selecting "Restore Backup from File", selecting "Let me browse for a different backup file", then open the sample.mny saved from my PC, chose location where I want to restore the file (I chose My Documents Folder) then press OK, but only giving me a message "Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version of Money"

Please help me what to do, I don't want to loss my old data. Thanks!

Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:35 PM

All replies

• Could you tell me what is the appropriate version of Money that I need to install?  I am living in Abu Dhabi UAE.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:09 PM
  • I would start with the International English version, unless the computer was bought elsewhere.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:14 PM
  • I downloaded Money 2005 International English QFE2  and installed in my PC, it's OK now, I restored my backup file.  Many Thanks!!!!!
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:08 PM