Cannot Install SyncFramework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing Outlook addin in C#.Net 3.5 and planning to do the 2 way sync.
    I have downloaded SetUp zip file for SyncFramework v2 CTP from Microsoft website. When trying to install it, error occurs.

The error is shown below :

Component Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0 has failed to install with the following error message:
    "A fatal error occurred during the installation of Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0."

The following components were not installed:
    - Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v3.0
    - Microsoft Sync Framework Services v2.0

The following components failed to install:
    - Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v2.0

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\Jassim\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSDE.tmp\install.log' for more information.

==========================================

I am not able to locate this log file too.

In my system (Win XP Professional SP 2 + Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server + SQL Server 2005), I found out Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.dll version 1.0.0.0 and other 2 Synchronization dll for Sql Server, in the assembly folder.

When I tried to uninstall Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.dll or other dlls, it says other application is using it and cannot be uninstalled.

PLS tell me how to install sync framework ???

• Edited by Luttapi Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:40 AM added version
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:33 AM

Answers

• The main thing I would suggest is that you make sure that you uninstall V1 via the control panel.  Removing the dlls on their own will likely still leave behind some stuff in the registry that will still prevent v2 ctp1 from being installed.  Unfortunately, v2 ctp 1 cannot be installed on a machine that already has v1 on it, so the only way you can do this is is to uninstall v1 first.

Unless you're planning on using one of the new features in the ctp, v1 will likely be sufficient for what you're trying to do.

-Aaron

SDE, Microsoft Sync Framework
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:46 PM