locked
MS CRM Report Runtime Error RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    Hi,

     

    I have a custom report. It is running fine in dev. When I upload same report to CRM It gives me following error.

    An error has occurred during report processing.

    • Query execution failed for data set 'xxxxx'.

      • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

         

         

         

         

        When I go to event log on server that is runing sql server and reporting services on it. It has following error in it:

        Report data set execution failure. Error: Could not find stored procedure ''.

         

        I have checked stored procedure is in DB and I have run it manually, it is working fine.

         

        Can some one guess what could be the reason??

         

        Thank You

    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:40 AM

Answers

  • there are two datasources of report shared or embeded

     

    http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com/2008/01/adding-sql-reporting-services-reports.html

     

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920124/enus$

     

    In Visual studio open the rdl in your report project.  go to the data tab. 

    Up at the top  there is the drop-down for data source where your current data set is selected. Right next to it is a button with 3 dots ... click on it.

     

    This will bring up the data set form.  On this form is a field called Data Source.  This field has another button with three dots on it next to it.   Click on that button.

     

    On this form there is a check box saying use a shared data source.  This button should not be checked for CRM reports.  Hit the edit button next to the Connection String: field.

     

    On this form, select your sql server from the drop-down(or type it in if it is not in the list) and then select your MSCRM database from the "select or enter database name" field.

     

    Click OK and then close and of the other pop-up forms.  Now you will have an embedded data source, not a shared data source.

     


     

     

    Regards,

    Imran

     

    Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:14 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • are you using a shared data source or an embedded data source?  You have to use an embedded data source in CRM reports.

     

    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:21 AM
    Moderator
  • Thank you for you reply but I could not understand what do you mean by embedded or shared data source?? When I run this report from our QA system which has everything (sql, crm, reporting services) built on one machine, it works fine. I have tried it by pointing the report database from QA system to our production system. Again report works fine from there. But When I upload it in production it gives me error. Our prd system has different servers for crm, sql etc.

     

    Any guess why it is not working in PRD?

     

     

    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:29 PM
  • there are two datasources of report shared or embeded

     

    http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com/2008/01/adding-sql-reporting-services-reports.html

     

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920124/enus$

     

    In Visual studio open the rdl in your report project.  go to the data tab. 

    Up at the top  there is the drop-down for data source where your current data set is selected. Right next to it is a button with 3 dots ... click on it.

     

    This will bring up the data set form.  On this form is a field called Data Source.  This field has another button with three dots on it next to it.   Click on that button.

     

    On this form there is a check box saying use a shared data source.  This button should not be checked for CRM reports.  Hit the edit button next to the Connection String: field.

     

    On this form, select your sql server from the drop-down(or type it in if it is not in the list) and then select your MSCRM database from the "select or enter database name" field.

     

    Click OK and then close and of the other pop-up forms.  Now you will have an embedded data source, not a shared data source.

     


     

     

    Regards,

    Imran

     

    Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:14 AM
    Moderator
  • Imran,

     

    Thanks for your reply but I alredy have embedded database. There is some thing else that is going wrong.

    Friday, August 1, 2008 12:20 AM
  • Usually, when something cannot find the table, view, sproc, etc, it might be a security issue.

     

    First, make sure your data source is properly set to either specify certain credentials, or to use windows authentication (recommended since you can enforce CRM security)

     

    Second, make sure the credentials supplied by the user/data source actually have the appropriate SQL security set up. Again, if you're using windows auth, this should take care of itself.

     

    Without know that much about your environment and how you've got it set up, that's about all I can tell you. Hope this helps!

    Friday, August 1, 2008 3:09 PM
  • Usually, when something cannot find the table, view, sproc, etc, it might be a security issue.


    Indeed but in this case, it is not an error in finding the Stored Procedure...  it is more an error in looking for the SP.
    While executing the report, CRM is looking for an SP named '' that's why it can find it.

    I have the same error and I hope someone will be able to help us...

    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/e97ac41d-e1f8-4779-a5f8-f475611b8f87


    Thanks.


    MS CRM 4.0, VS 2008
    Monday, August 24, 2009 2:25 PM
  • try to see if "xxxx" has not spaces or period.

    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:53 PM