none
Naming HPC nodes

Question

• Hey guys,

I went through a few threads but the questions I have on mind is still unanswered.

I'm implementing HPC on an existing AD environment. The server that will be used as Head/compute/client nodes are already deployed with computer names and are joined to the domain. Here are my questions.

1. Setting the naming series on the Head node will be used on the compute/client nodes that will be attached and nothing really changes on the Head Node. Right?

2. Should the computer name and node be the same? If I can use a different name for the cluster nodes, then will that node get added to the AD system?

3. I currently have 3 client nodes attached to the head node, for E.g. with names Node01, Node02 and Node03. I now would like to install HPC on the cluster nodes whose server names are Clus01, Clus02...etc. Can I change the naming series on Head Node to begin with "Clus%01%"? Will that affect the exising client nodes by any chance?

Any recommendation or solution to the above queries are appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:00 AM

All replies