New Database using microsoft sqlserver management smo RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create new database using microsoft sqlserver management smo and its working fine with my local sql server.

Its also working fine with remote sql server if I did not provide log/data file location. Its creating files in default localtion.

But when I specify log/data file location  of remote server its giving me the following error:

{Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.FailedOperationException: Create failed for Database 'XLPlanTest12345'.  ---> Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ExecutionFailureException: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: One or more recovery units belonging to database 'XLPlanTest12345' failed to generate a checkpoint. This is typically caused by lack of system resources such as disk or memory, or in some cases due to database corruption. Examine previous entries in the error log for more detailed information on this failure.
    The transaction log for database 'XLPlanTest12345' is full due to 'ACTIVE_TRANSACTION'. 
    Could not write a checkpoint record in database XLPlanTest12345 because the log is out of space. Contact the database administrator to truncate the log or allocate more space to the database log files.
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ConnectionManager.ExecuteTSql(ExecuteTSqlAction action, Object execObject, DataSet fillDataSet, Boolean catchException)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnection.ExecuteNonQuery(StringCollection sqlCommands, ExecutionTypes executionType)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExecutionManager.ExecuteNonQuery(StringCollection queries)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.ExecuteNonQuery(StringCollection queries, Boolean includeDbContext)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.CreateImplFinish(StringCollection createQuery, ScriptingPreferences sp)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.CreateImpl()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any body has any idea about it?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, August 31, 2015 7:22 AM

All replies

• This is the wrong forum for this question.  You can ask for the appropriate forum for any question on the What Forum? forum.
    Monday, September 7, 2015 1:22 PM
    Owner