Streaming in Remote Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• A suggestion to this service is to allow streaming of software, ie music or documents. Sometimes I would like to log in from outside the residence and access the file without having to download it.

Dawg.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 3:50 PM

Answers

• Regarding streaming remotely, there are several threads in the forums, and this suggestion on Connect, concerning this issue. It seems to be popular.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 3:26 PM

All replies

• I agree - if i'm trying to find a phot remotely to download -  why can't i just browse thumbnails instead of seeing all the titles, and then having to download them to see the picture.

Also - it seems whenever I download from photos, whether it be one photo or many, I am not getting the file extenstion (jpg or zip), but this could be due to using firefox (I need to test it out in IE).
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 2:19 AM
  • Regarding downloads and Firefox, there's a known issue which causes Firefox to truncate downloaded file names at the first space. It's flagged as Closed (fixed) on Connect, so I would assume that we'll see an improvement if Microsoft releases another public beta.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 3:25 PM
  • Regarding streaming remotely, there are several threads in the forums, and this suggestion on Connect, concerning this issue. It seems to be popular.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 3:26 PM