Internet Streaming RRS feed

• Question

• I was just wondering if there was any way to stream ISO or VOB files of other the internet?  I am currently using Webguide and I am not satisfied with it.  For some reason when I stream any type of media and don't exit out properly before switching media it freezes up telling me there is no media selected to stream.  This even happens if I stream more than a couple cd's or dvd's.  Anyway, I would like to stream ISO or VOB files if I could.  I have looked into Orb... any other possible suggesions.  Anyone know if SageTV will stream VOB or ISO's.

Thanks
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:20 AM

Answers

• Check out orb.com, or tversity = all freeware. I have used them both and very please with it.
    Twonky also reported good tool, while it's not free thou.

P.L

phongluu
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:28 PM

All replies

• Check out orb.com, or tversity = all freeware. I have used them both and very please with it.
    Twonky also reported good tool, while it's not free thou.

P.L

phongluu
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:28 PM
  • I have seen those and I am currently trying out Orb.  Does anyone know if they support ISO or VOB file streaming?  I have not had the time to test out the different file types with orb.  Like Webguide it has decoder settings that you can change to PowerDVD or what ever, but I am not sure if that would really make a difference or not.....

Thanks for the info though!

Monday, September 29, 2008 5:14 PM
  • orb: vob: yes. I have tried and worked great, while ISO format, I dont know, I haven't tried.

P.L

phongluu
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:51 AM
  • Orb works well.  I stream stuff to my cellphone.. :)
    athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 7 drives totaling about 3.15 tbs.
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 3:39 AM