Cannot uninstall or reinstall the srs data connector

Question

• I'm trying to install the SRS data connector for 2011 on a server that previously had it installed.  When I remove the reporting extensions, I get the following error:

Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.UnregisterServerAction
    failed.
    Requested value 'Geo' was not found

Then when I try to reinstall the reporting extensions I get

Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.RegisterServerAction
    failed.
    Requested value 'Geo' was not found

It seems there may be some pieces left behind from the previous installation, however I can't figure out what they are.  Are there any steps to manually cleanly uninstall the SRS data connector for 2011?

Anybody know what the "requested value 'geo' means?"

Friday, March 02, 2012 10:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Joel

We are not aware of this issue. Can you send the SRS Data Connector setups' log file post the failure at abhia_at_microsoft_dot_com?

Thanks, Abhishek

Abhishek Agarwal MSFT

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Hi Joel,

Can you also add the information about last Update Rollup that was applied? Probably if you can share the build number of the server?

When was SRS DC uninstalled? Before the rollup was applied or after?

Rahul

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:09 AM
  • Hi Joel,

I have exactly the same issue here,

I opened a MS support case for the issue but haven't received any solution yet

kind regards

Moritz

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:41 AM
  • Hi Joel!

Had the same problem and found a solution. The cause of the problem seems to be the fact that the downloadpackage of CRM 2011 contains UR6, but SRSDataConnector doesn't.
    So here my solution:

1) Install CRM
    2) Install SrsDataConnector -> Error -> Click "cancel"
    3) Install UR6 for SrsDataConnector
    4) GoTo "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions" (or whatever your install location is)
    5) Start "SetupSrsDataConnector.exe", select "Repair".
    6) Works... at least for me.

Bernhard

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:40 PM
  • Thanks a lot Bernhard,

that was the exact solution and way faster than the MS support!

kind regards

Moritz

Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:05 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue now, after following Bernhard's suggestion I still receive an error during the repair process.

---------------------------
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup
    Publishing CRM reports failed.

The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Crm.Admin.AdminService.PIDGenNativeMethods' threw an exception.

The type initializer for 'LicenseFilesLocationCache' threw an exception.

Cannot load PidGen.dll because the following file locations do not exist:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions\PFiles\MSCRM\Server\bin\

and because cannot build files locations from the Registry for the following:

root = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, path = SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM, key = CRM_Server_InstallDir

root = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, path = Software\Microsoft\MSCRM Live, key = CRM_Live_InstallDir

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

Friday, March 22, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Hi,

You can fix this issue:

The above difficulties, challenges I have faced during the deployment, installation of Microsoft CRM for various clients. Recently I faced the below problem while installing SRS Data Connector.

srsr error 

The error is Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.RegisterServerAction failed.

Requested value ‘Geo’ was not found.

Solution for the above error is:

Download the CRM 2011 Rollup 6 (Update)

• Install CRM.
      • Install SrsDataConnector –> Make sure you -> Click "cancel" for the error message window.
      • Install UR6 for SrsDataConnector.
      • GoTo "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions" (or where your SRS Data Connector is installed).
      • Start "SetupSrsDataConnector.exe", select "Repair".

All reports will get publish in your organization.

This might be helpful, if so mark this as "Answer" or "Vote as helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Dvar Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:22 AM
    Monday, April 01, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Thanks Ade, but your solution was posted above by Bernhard and as of right now no longer seems to work. At least not for me in two separate environments.
    Monday, April 01, 2013 2:58 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue now, after following Bernhard's suggestion I still receive an error during the repair process.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup
    Publishing CRM reports failed.

The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Crm.Admin.AdminService.PIDGenNativeMethods' threw an exception.

The type initializer for 'LicenseFilesLocationCache' threw an exception.

Cannot load PidGen.dll because the following file locations do not exist:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions\PFiles\MSCRM\Server\bin\

and because cannot build files locations from the Registry for the following:

root = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, path = SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM, key = CRM_Server_InstallDir

root = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, path = Software\Microsoft\MSCRM Live, key = CRM_Live_InstallDir

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

Solved my own subsequent issue with the following steps:

1. Manually create the “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions\PFiles\MSCRM” subdirectories.
    2. Copy the “Server” folder and sub contents from” C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions\ to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions\PFiles\MSCRM””
    3. GoTo "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions" (or where your SRS Data Connector is installed).
    4. Start "SetupSrsDataConnector.exe", select "Repair".
    5. The Installation should now complete successfully.

This is of course after following the steps suggested by Berhard and Ade to get past the 'Geo' not found error.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:59 PM