none
Format and key product

Question

• I need to format my laptop, and I want to know if to install my windows 10 and my office 2007 I use the same key product or I need a new one. Thank you
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:36 AM

All replies

•   Office 2007 will need the same key as you used previously. Windows 10 will not need a product key at all. Just skip that step and it will activate using a digital license. Make sure that you install the same version of Windows 10 as you use now.

Bill

Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:55 AM
  • Hi Peter Bryce,

It’s OK, you could use the previous key before reinstall Windows 10.

If you activated a free upgrade to Windows 10 or bought and activated Windows 10 from the Store, you have a digital license for your device. This means you can reinstall the same edition of Windows 10 that your device has a digital license for without entering a product key. During reinstallation, if you’re asked to enter a product key, you can skip this step. Windows 10 will automatically activate online after the installation is complete.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 2:24 AM
  • Hi Peter Bryce,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:39 AM