Trouble getting Max Resolution RRS feed

• Question

• In my dell widescreen monitor I can’t seem to set the maximum resolution. The pc uses SIS 651 integrated graphics and I thought that was the problem but after googling it, I found that SIS 651 can get to 1680x1050 and told downloading the newest drivers would fix the issue.I downloaded tat.. Yet   it still doesnt work!!!! why?
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:35 PM

All replies

• It's a Video BIOS thing (VBIOS), haveing the latest driver can help on this issue but I asume you have a older VBIOS than 2.28.00. VBIOS is a little module located at your BIOS.

Check this website out that is the Chipset manufacturer website: [blocked]

So you have at this point to options:

1. Update your BIOS from your motherboard manufacturer website and pray they have updated to a newer VBIOS that the one sayed before.

2. If the first option didn't worked, if you have enough knowledge of the structure of a BIOS, you could use editing tools like CBROOM for AWARD Biose's and with the latest BIOS file, replace the VBIOS module for a newer one and flash that BIOS file to the motherboard. WARNING!! If you don't have enough knowledge on this matter don´t go for this option, you could end up with a bricked motherboard that won't start at all.

• Proposed as answer by sebholz Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:55 PM
    Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:55 PM