CRM 2013 Powershell (500) Internal Server Error RRS feed

• Question

• Have a CRM 2013 installation on a Windows Server 2012 instance.  The database is on a separate server.

I have set up IFD.  I have a wildcard certificate which I have exported onto the desktop.

I need to install the certificate into the CRM database in order to install my solution which contains a connection to Azure.

This runs without any error (although no feedback either):

• Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Crm.Powershell

The next one is copied from a blog but seems correct in terms of hyphens:

• Set-CrmCertificate CertificateType AppFabricIssuer Name <I PROVIDE ANY NAME> -StoreName My StoreLocation LocalMachine -StoreFindType FindBySubjectDistinguishedName DataFile C:\Users\crmadmin\Desktop\<CERTNAME>.cer

Alas I get the following error:

• A positional argument cannot be found that accepts argument 'StoreLocation'.  At line:1 char:1 InvalidArgument ParameterBindingException... (etc.)

Okay, I may have typed it wrong.

Next I try:

• Get-CrmCertificate

This time I get:

• The server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error, InvalidArgument ... CRM Deployment Cmdlet ...

I also try Get-CrmServer and it's the same error. 

I have had a 500 error with the set certificate when I messed around with the hyphens so maybe I had the right syntax at some stage however why am I getting the 500 error?

Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:53 PM

Answers

• Typed it wrong:

Set-CrmCertificate -CertificateType AppFabricIssuer -Name Brightsolid -StoreName My -StoreLocation LocalMachine -StoreFindType FindBySubjectDistinguishedName -DataFile C:\Users\crmadmin\Desktop\CRMAzure.cer

Worked.

And now Get-CrmCertificate works as well.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:51 PM