How do I know which of my e-mail accounts is behind my MSDN alias? RRS feed

• Question

• I have several MS accounts for organizing e-mail sources and uncluttering inboxes. I can't remember which one is linked to my MSDN alias and I log on automatically when I click "Sign In", this happens through one of my Password Manager's several accounts (all get activated for Microsoft but I don't have one JUST for the MSDN subdomain).

Incredibly, you don't show my e-mail (in a "visible only to us" way) in our profile pages. I don't want to log in to each of my MS accounts just to "discover" which one's linked to my MSDN alias. How come you don't include such basic information for us to handle? A link to the generic page for managing MS accounts "My account" is not the answer, guys. Even if that were so, where on earth is there such a information about the MSDN alias we chose? DO INCLUDE A PRIVATE ONLY VIEWABLE E-MAIL ADDRESS ON OUR PROFILE!

Can you provide any help?

THank you

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• You could submit the Site Feedback request for that information here.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4806.how-to-request-your-email-or-live-id-changed-on-an-msdn-or-technet-profile.aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:54 PM
  • answer is easy, I had the same question before. It can look "hidden" as it is not in the profile page, but in your settings page. to the left here, locate the quick access menu, then choose my settings. you will find the email address connected to your profile here

Christmas spirit all year long Please remember to vote on useful replies. Mark answers. Help to answer questions of others while you are visting the forums. Thank you.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:41 PM
  • answer is easy, I had the same question before. It can look "hidden" as it is not in the profile page, but in your settings page. to the left here, locate the quick access menu, then choose my settings. you will find the email address connected to your profile here

Christmas spirit all year long Please remember to vote on useful replies. Mark answers. Help to answer questions of others while you are visting the forums. Thank you.

Actually that may or may not be correct. That is the address you configure alerts to be sent to which is a different linkage than your microsoft account.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:51 PM